What is personal information?
“Personal information” means any information or opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. In general terms, this includes information or an opinion that personally identifies you either directly (e.g. your name) or indirectly.
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect about you depends on the nature of your dealings with us or what you choose to share with us.
The personal information we collect about you may include:
● mailing or street address;
● date of birth;
● email address;
● phone number
● social media information
● Information in connection with client surveys, questionnaires and promotions; your device identity and type, I.P. address, geo-location information, page view statistics, advertising data and standard web log information;
● Information about third parties; and
● Any other information provided by you to us via our website or our online presence, or otherwise required by us or provided by you
You do not have to provide us with your personal information. Where possible, we will give you the option to interact with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, if you choose to deal with us in this way or choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services or otherwise interact with you.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you when you:
● interact with us online;
● participate in surveys or questionnaires;
● attend a Beauty Space Media event;
● submit any of our online sign-up forms
● subscribe to our mailing list
● communicate with us via email, phone, social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube or Pinterest) or via the comments section on beautyspace.com.au
How do we use your personal information?
We use personal information for many purposes in connection with our functions and activities, including the following purposes:
● provide you with information or services that you request from us;
● deliver to you a more personalised experience and service offering;
● improve the quality of the services we offer;
● internal administrative purposes;
● marketing and research purposes;
● To send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you and for the purpose of direct marketing (in accordance with the Spam Act). In this regard, we may use email, SMS, social media or mail to send you direct marketing communications. You can opt out of receiving marketing materials from us by using the opt-out facility provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link);
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in accordance with this Policy in circumstances where you would reasonably expect us to disclose your information. For example, we may disclose your personal information to:
● our third-party service providers (for example, our email management platform);
● our marketing providers;
● our professional services advisors;
Our website uses Google Analytics to help us better understand visitor traffic, so we can improve our services. Although this data is mostly anonymous, it is possible that under certain circumstances, we may connect it to you.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services, opportunities, or events that we consider may be of interest to you if you have requested or consented to receive such communications. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Australian Spam Act 2003 (Cth). You consent to us sending you those direct marketing communications by any of those methods. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the instructions to “unsubscribe” set out in the relevant communication and contacting us using the details set out in the “How to contact us” section below.
In addition, we may also use your personal information or disclose your personal information to third parties for the purposes of advertising, including online behavioural advertising, and website personalisation, and to provide targeted or retargeted advertising content to you (including through third-party websites).
Retention of Personal Information
We will not keep your personal information for longer than we need to. In most cases, this means that we will only retain your personal information for the duration of your relationship with us unless we are required to retain your personal information to comply with applicable laws, for example, record-keeping obligations.
How to Access and Correct Your Personal Information
Beauty Space Media will endeavour to keep your personal information accurate, complete and up to date.
If you wish to make a request to access and/or correct the personal information we hold about you, you should make a request by contacting us and we will usually respond within 14 working days. We will deal with such a request by following the procedure outlined below:
Reach out via email to:
Email: [email protected]
Links to Third-Party Sites
Beauty Space Media website(s) may contain links to websites operated by third parties. If you access a third-party website through our website(s), personal information may be collected by that third-party website. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third-party provider or website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third-party provider or website. Third-party providers/websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
Inquiries and complaints
For complaints about how Beauty Space Media handles, processes or manages your personal information, please contact [email protected]. Note we may require proof of your identity and full details of your request before we can process your complaint.
Please allow up to 14 working days for Beauty Space Media to respond to your complaint. It will not always be possible to resolve a complaint to everyone’s satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with Beauty Space Media’s response to a complaint, you have the right to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (at www.oaic.gov.au/) to lodge a complaint.
How to Contact Us
If you have a question or concern in relation to our handling of your personal information or this Policy, you can contact us for assistance as follows:
02 8916 6360