The Best Selfie Tan’n Go Super Dark Tan Review
It has been a long time since I switched my fake tan. I have tried many brands and was on the hunt for something that could rival my favourite dark fake tan go-to, Bondi Sands.
After looking at a few reviews online about Selfie Tan’ n Go I wanted to give it a try and picked it up from my local Chemist Warehouse.
There are currently two shades available in the 1-hour Express Bronzing Mousse range; Medium Dark Tan and Super Dark Tan. For this review, I chose the Super Dark Fake Tan. I opted for the darker tan as I have had experienced in the past that the medium shades do not provide enough contrast.
Before applying Selfie Tan
As it is winter here in Australia, I have not been able to get any sun. So I started the experiment looking very pale.
This is the first product in the Selfie Tan product range I have tried, so I was excited to give it a go.
The bottle came with a Selfie Tan’n Go Applicator Mitt. I was quite impressed with this as I haven’t seen many other brands include an applicator mitt with the product.
Heres what it claims to do:
- streak-free and quick drying (won’t rub off on your clothes)
- tan deepens over time
- herbal fragrance (no self-tan aroma)
A little goes a long way with this product. I pumped out just a small amount of the dark fake tan and was able to spread it over my body well.
B E F O R E & A F T ER
Did it work?
On the first application of the tan, I was really shocked at how dark it was (as it was contrasting with my winter pale skin!).
As you can see from the photos, it resulted in a rich, exotic bronze colour that developed well after a few hours.
Did it do what it claims?
- The application was very easy and the tan dried reasonably quickly. I find at-home foam tanners tend to absorb into your skin and dry more rapidly than a spray tan would
- It was definitely streak free. You may notice in my photos that there are a few streaks, but that is because I am dealing with extremely dry winter skin* – not so much the product itself
*One thing I tend to look for when deciding on a great fake tan is how it will affect my skin. With already dry skin, the last thing you would want is a product that is going to amplify the dryness. It’s important to find a tan suited to your skin type!
- As the tan dried, certainly, a nice bronze colour developed. My disappointment is when I showered the product off after around 3 hours and the tan was virtually non-existent. It all went down the drain. I prefer tans that give deep colour for at least a few days.
- In terms of the fragrance, I have to admit that it was a nice smell and not overpowering at all. Much better than most self-tanners I have used.
My new favourite fake tan?
I don’t believe this will replace my favourite as the product did not seem to leave a consistent dark tan. It would be too dark (for me) to wear without washing it off once and it left virtually no colour once it had been washed off.
I am willing to give it another shot this weekend and will leave it on for over 3 hours to see if that makes a difference.
It can be quite rare to find tanning products that tick all boxes; great colour, long lasting, and seamless application. While the 1 Hour Express Bronzing Mousse provided a beautiful colour, its downfall was its longevity. That being said, if you are looking for something you can practically wash all off after wear, this could be a suitable option.