It has been a long time since I switched my
After looking at a few reviews online about Selfie Tan’ n Go I wanted to give it a try and picked it up from my local Chemist Warehouse.
There are currently two shades available in the 1-hour Express Bronzing Mousse range; Medium Dark Tan and Super Dark Tan. For this review, I chose the Super Dark
- Fresh and Clean Fragrance -- Brisk herbal fresh scent with a top note of crisp pear, green apple and sunny bergamot
- Immediate streak-free bronzing
- Perfect amount of sugar cane self-tanning properties
- Unique blend of Green Tea and Kola Extracts keep your skin looking and feeling it's best
Before Applying Selfie Tan
As it is winter here in Australia, I have not been able to get any sun. So I started the experiment looking very pale.
24 hours prior to the application I had exfoliated and moisturised my skin in preparation for the self-tan.
This is the first product in the Selfie Tan product range I have tried, so I was excited to give it a go.
The bottle came with a Selfie Tan’n Go Applicator Mitt. I was quite impressed with this as I haven’t seen many other brands include an applicator mitt with the product.
Here’s what it claims to do:
- streak-free and quick-drying (won’t rub off on your clothes)
- tan deepens over time
- herbal fragrance (no self-tan aroma)
A little goes a long way with this product. I pumped out just a small amount of the dark
Did it Work?
On the first application of the tan, I was really shocked at how dark it was (as it was contrasting with my winter pale skin!).
As you can see from the photos, it resulted in a rich, exotic bronze colour that developed well after a few hours.
Did it do what it claims?
- The application was very easy and the tan dried reasonably quickly. I find at-home foam tanners tend to absorb into your skin and dry more rapidly than a spray tan would
- It was definitely streak-free. You may notice in my photos that there are a few streaks, but that is because I am dealing with extremely dry winter skin* – not so much the product itself
*One thing I tend to look for when deciding on a great
fake tanis how it will affect my skin. With already dry skin, the last thing you would want is a product that is going to amplify the dryness. It’s important to find a tan suited to your skin type!
- As the tan dried, certainly, a nice bronze colour developed. My disappointment is when I showered the product off after around 3 hours and the tan was virtually non-existent. It all went down the drain. I prefer tans that give deep colour for at least a few days.
- In terms of the fragrance, I have to admit that it was a nice smell and not overpowering at all. Much better than most self-tanners I have used.
My New Favourite
I don’t believe this will replace my favourite as the product did not seem to leave a consistent dark tan. It would be too dark (for me) to wear without washing it off once and it left virtually no colour once it had been washed off.
I am willing to give it another shot this weekend and will leave it on for over 3 hours to see if that makes a difference.
It can be quite rare to find tanning products that tick all boxes; great colour, long lasting, and seamless application. While the 1 Hour Express Bronzing Mousse provided a beautiful colour, its downfall was its longevity. That being said, if you are looking for something you can practically wash all off after wear, this could be a suitable option.
See what others thought of the self-tanner below:
How to Remove Fake Tan: 5 Tips to Help You Get Rid of Tan Fast!
Wondering how to remove fake tan? These 5 tried and tested tips will help. From exfoliating mitts to products you have lying around the house!
Ultimate Guide to the Best Fake Tan Australia (2020)
5 of the Best Foam Fake Tanners on the Market
Foam fake tan is a preference for many at home tanners. Listed some of the best and most popular foam fake tanners on the market and why.
After the Best Fake Tan Without DHA? 2 Great Alternatives
Beauty Space reviews two great options for fake tan without DHA. Those who are allergic to this ingredient can now happily achieve a golden glow.
Top 5 of the Best Competition Tanning Products We Recommend
Beauty Space covers 5 of the best competition tanning products on the market. Includes reviews and fake tan tips for bodybuilders.
6 Useful Tips for Your At-Home Self-Tanning Routine
The most useful self-tanning tips to incorporate into your tanning routine. They cover tan removal, application and maintainence.